Within their „Shape of Tomorrow“ series Fast Company has compiled observations from 5 industry experts on how peoples relation to food is changing. From stronger ties to online grocery shopping to different focus in logistics things are changing and probably not only in the US. What was visible in CoVid Times are the following in lose order:
– bunker-building habits – shopping more in bulk at the start of the pandemic, asking for products with longer shelf-lives as well.
– take away and drive thru grew – as well as the option to finish up dishes at home
– growing „consciousness“ in food issues – not just the product itself but also health of the workers
– at home cooking also calls for more sources on „how to cook“ – and traffic was up on sites that offered support on how to do simple meals
– less variety and a stronger focus on core products was key to be able to fill shelves and deliver within the available logistics
– old, trusted brands got a strong push – adding trust as well as often being linked to convenience
Read more here:
Stay in Touch
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. Just enter your email below to stay in the loop.